Friday 21 October 2011

15mm Terrain from IMEX Hexagon kits

A while ago I was pondering the IMEX Hexagon and Platformer kits as potential sources for 15mm terrain. I had seen some of the terrain that was used in the Gruntz Demo games and recognised it as being constructed from these sets.

So, when I saw two unopened sets at the bring-and-buy at SELWG for £5 each I snapped them up.

Here we have Katrina of the NVL showing us a few of the resulting pieces. First up we have a... thingy... Designed to be an objective, or a bit of scatter terrain, it's a simple build that can be all sorts of things. Power node, rescue beacon, grundulating trundulator - whatever.


Next we have a very bijou hab unit, with a couple of additions from the GZG Buildings and accessories range.



Finally we have the power station, again with a few GZG additions. Don't press the red button!



I'm very happy with the way they've turned out and have several more waiting to be painted and based.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those work. Quite nicely.

inrepose said...

Fantastic work! I have a couple of these kits and I have not yet thought about using some of the GZG add-on kits. Great combo.

GJD said...

You could also use the extra perts from The Scene too.